Welcome to the StarDrive Wiki, an official online encyclopedia for StarDrive that anyone can edit!
Black Box[edit | edit source]
Blackbox is an ongoing non profitable effort of several programmers and designers to improve Stardrive 1 code base. What unites us is the love for Stardrive 1 game and our wish to make it the game it should have been (we do not care for Stardrive 2). Blackbox work focuses on code refactor, performance enhancements and new features. Several years ago the original developer granted us permission to decomplie the code and work on it. Star Drive 1 is now being updated actively.
Currently, the only mod supported with Blackbox is Combined Arms. It is being developed along side Blackbox and contains massive content, like new hulls, new tech trees, building and many more, Combined Arms is based on the Combo mod.
We have created a new wiki page for Blackbox. It will contain a lot more info on our work and progress.
About Stardrive[edit | edit source]
Current Build is 1.15B. Blackbox builds are installed on top of this and are available here.
Stardrive 2[edit | edit source]
If you are looking for Stardrive 2, please visit our Stardrive 2 wiki and help out!
Design the perfect ship for the job using the shipyard.
Engage enemies both in space and on the ground in StarDrive.
Basic Flight Training
Learn about the ins and outs of StarDrive's controls.
Mind-controlling molluscs? Owlwoks? It's a crazy universe. Meet the Cordrazine.
Content[edit | edit source]
Explore the categories below to learn more about StarDrive!
Videos[edit | edit source]
News and previews[edit | edit source]
- 01.03.2019 - Wikia is now being updated with Blackbox Development.
- 29.06.2017 - Several Developers join Blackbox effort
- 19.01.2015 - First pull request of Blackbox
- 26.04.2013 - Game Launch - StarDrive is now available for purchase on Steam
- 8.03.2013 - Public Beta - StarDrive is available to preorder on Steam, which grants access to the beta!
- 8.03.2013 - Trailer - A teaser trailer for StarDrive is out. View it here.
- 28.12.2012 - Design Article - Daniel DiCicco writes about his approach to AI design in StarDrive on SpaceSector.
- 07.12.2012 - Developer Spotlight - Iceberg Interactive has posted a developer intro for Daniel DiCicco on YouTube.
- 05.12.2012 - Preview - Dutch gaming site XGN has a preview of StarDrive.
- 23.11.2012 - Interview - Space Sector interviews Daniel DiCicco about StarDrive
- 21.08.2012 - Preview - Space Sector has a beta preview up of StarDrive!
- 02.05.2012 - Announcement - Iceberg Interactive signs publishing deal with Zero Sum Games to publish StarDrive
- 02.02.2012 - Preview - Space Sector puts together an alpha preview of StarDrive
- 25.01.2012 - Q&A - Space Game Junkie has a Q&A session with StarDrive creator Daniel DiCicco
- 09.12.2011 - Interview - True PC Gaming conducts an extensive interview with Daniel DiCicco about StarDrive, PC gaming, and Kickstarter.
Gameplay Guides[edit | edit source]
Have a strategy and want to share it with the community? Visit the Strategy section and contribute!
Bug Reports and Suggestions[edit | edit source]
We want your bug reports and suggestions! Visit the "Bug Reports and Feature Requests" forum on the StarDrive official site to contribute. You can also visit the bugs and suggestions page to help us out.