Released: Dec 13, 2012.
- Compression to saved games to make them less hugemongous, and tweaked the data that is saved (will break all of your saves, sorry).
- A new System selection graphic, replacing the old socketed panel. Let me know what you think. More data will be added to the display soon.
- Several issues with the AI defensive coordinator not assigning ships correctly.
- Issue where AI was not moving its troops into needed strategic positions.
- A bug where ships were adding 2 projectiles to their list each time they fired. Should improve performance.
- Issue where ships that were "awaiting orders" would not engage nearby enemies with their attack patterns.
- Issues with Steam not detecting if you already had necessary dependencies installed; it won't even attempt to install them now if you already have them.
- Install process on Windows Vista. For whatever reason, Vista wants .Net 4.0 and XNA 4.0 PLUS .Net 3.5 and XNA 3.1. Go figure.
- A collision issue where very fast projectiles would sometimes miss when they should hit.
- A collision issue where very fast explosive projectiles would sometimes explode on the inside of the armor because it phase right through it.
- Issue where shipyards were accidentally disabled.
- Nerfed repairs. Repair now works one module at a time. Increased repair rate for all command modules. Result is slower repairs, but more utility from better command modules.
- Strength and Power of beams. Generally they cost more power and do more damage. Beams become more efficient and powerful as you tech up.
- Hitpoints of all engines to have 200 hitpoints per module slot.